Deadline: April 30, 2021
The Front is an artist-run cooperative gallery, structured as an L3C. That means members contribute the time, energy, and funds it takes to run everything. Being a member of the gallery means you are a part-owner of the Front. Members typically:
- Staff the gallery during open hours, usually one 3-hour shift per month
- Contribute member dues to keep things running – $50 a month is standard; $60 a month helps us offer memberships to those paying at a lower rate. We do not consider ability to pay as criteria for membership. In addition to dues, the Front takes a 15% commission on art sales.
- Show work in group shows every other month, and in a solo show to be scheduled in collaboration with other members. (During covid, show schedules have been variable and flexible, but generally alternate between group and solo shows).
- Attend monthly (zoom) group meetings and serve on committees to handle tasks ranging from hanging art to planning events to publicity.
- Take part in occasional critiques, movie nights, artist talks, and general camaraderie as part of a group of fun and creative people!